2. Getting ready to assemble your Chappelli fixed gear, single speed or 3 speed bike
Unwrapping you bicycle & what you will need to assemble it
- Our bicycles arrive partially assembled in a box with all the necessary parts to fully assemble your bike inside, as well as this guide and a tool kit with some useful tools to help you assemble your bike.
- Tools you may need:
- 4mm, 5mm & 6mm Allen Keys
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- Flat Blade Screw Driver
- 15mm socket wrench or adjustable Spanner
- Use of a Torque Wrench is recommended and a list of recommended torque requirements is listed in the maintenance section of this manual
- You will probably also need a bicycle pump that fits french valves (not supplied) to properly inflate the tyres and those of you with a work bench may find it easier to mount the bike in a vice whilst finishing the assembly.
- Remember to be good to the environment and dispose of the box in the recycling bin!
What your box should contain (May vary slightly according to model)
- 1x Seat, 2x Seat brace plates, 1x long screw, 1x seat bolt and 1x Seat pole
- Handlebar and handle bar plate, 2x short screws
- Front wheel with wheel nuts
- 2 x Pedals (may need to attach toe clips depending)
- 1 x Front reflector (white), 1 x Rear Reflector (red), 2 x Wheel reflectors (orange) and a bell as well as their attachments (some of the reflectors and the bell may already be attached)
- 6mm Allan Key, 4mm Allan Key and 15mm Wrench
How long will it take to assemble the bicycles
You should allow about 15-20 minutes to assemble the bike correctly and another 5 minutes to adjust the bike correctly to you and check that everything works